Monday, June 20, 2011

Three weeks ago, I was fired...

And I haven't been writing as I should. It has been a rough three weeks.  The idea of competing has not been on the forefront of my mind let alone telling the world what I am eating for breakfast. As I sat and sulked within one tumultuous event after another, I realized there were things going on around me with other people and their lives as well. 

  • Another friend was fired last week
  • A friend witnessed a man being crushed by a train
  • A friend just lost her father
  • A friend had a sick mother with eye problems which has recently been diagnosed as cancer

It made me wonder, first off, why I was being such a baby.  My problems did not seem to measure up at all to the issues others were encountering. Then it also made me wonder what I was supposed to get from this and how I was supposed to serve as a support to my friends, if I couldn't be that to myself.

So, I think I'm over it.  Quote of the day: " The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage."

What's for breakfast:

4 oz egg whites
2 oz chicken
1/2 C broccoli

We have a shoot in 3 days....We have a show in 3 weeks...Let's be about the business of victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment