Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tada....here are those muffins!

Protein Banana Nut Muffins

12 egg whites
2/3 cup uncooked oatmeal
2/3 cup Kashi Go Lean high fiber cereal
2 small ripe bananas
6 tbsp low or no sugar Apricot jam (I actually use grape and use only 2 tbsp)
Dash of vanilla extract
Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 oz raw chopped pecans
6 packages of splenda, truvia
Pam cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a blender mix the egg whites, oatmeal, bananas, jam, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, splenda and cinnamon. Once batter is ready, fold the Kashi Go lean high fiber cereal in the batter. Spray muffin tins with Pam spray and pour mixture into muffin tins. Top each muffin with chopped pecans. Bake for 30 mins.
Serving size for women: 3 regular sized muffins
Serving size for men: 5 regular sized muffins
Cal: 462/Fat: 8 gm/ Chol: 0/ Pro: 19gm/ Carb 79 gm/ %Fat=16

I personally have started using this as a pre-workout snack because when I was drinking my protein shakes...I would feel sick (weak, tired and shaky) after my workout and my nutritionist said my whey protein wasn't sustaining me. I have switched to these and it has helped ALOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment